An introduction to GHRP6
In recent times, growth hormone has become one of the most popular terms in the athletic and bodybuilding circuits. As its name suggests, it is a hormone that allows you to develop size, as well as a host of other benefits that come with having elevated levels of the hormone coursing through your body.
Your body naturally produces the growth hormone via a mechanism enabled by the pituitary gland, which is located in the brain. The primary function of the growth hormone is to facilitate the developmental phase from childhood to adolescence, as this is where we experience most of our growth.
As we age, especially after hitting adulthood, the body produces very minimal quantities of this hormone as it no longer needs it at a physiological level. At this point, changing your body’s composition becomes a very difficult endeavor without the use of exogenous enhancers, such as anabolic steroids.
However, the risks that come with using anabolic steroids are well documented and, therefore, not worth it. Fortunately, scientists have been able to develop substances that can allow you to achieve extreme levels of muscle mass without any adverse effects. One of these compounds is GHRP6
GHRP6 is a compound whose use has been associated with benefits such as increased levels of lean muscle mass in addition to helping you shed off extra pounds. GHRP6 users also praise the compound for its ability to enhance their energy levels, thus allowing them to push themselves harder and for longer.
If you are interested in this compound, here’s all you need to know about GHRP6.
What is GHRP6?
Standing for the Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 6, GHRP6 is a peptide that, as its name suggests, works to trigger the release of growth hormone inside your body. It does this by substantially activating your pituitary gland to increase its production of growth hormone.
The key takeaway here is that, while your body will have increased levels of growth hormone, it is all produced by the body. This is as opposed to some products that offer you synthetic growth hormones. The difference here is that synthetic GH is not produced by the body and, therefore, the body will suppress its own natural production of the hormone, thus resulting in side effects that come with an inability to produce your own hormones.
Seeing that the primary reason for using GHRP6 is to enhance your body’s growth hormone production, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of how that actually happens.
How Does GHRP6 Boost Growth Hormone Levels?
As mentioned, GHRP6 stimulates the pituitary gland to increase the production of GH in the body. However, the body also has a mechanism in which it uses to control the levels of GH. It does this by releasing Somatostatin. Somatostatin is a hormone that inhibits the release of growth hormone.
To ensure that Somatostatin does not thwart your efforts, GHRP6 also works to inhibit the production of this hormone, thus ensuring that your hypothalamus keeps releasing growth hormone and, therefore, getting the benefits that come with enhanced GH levels in the body.
Moreover, GHRP6 also influences the actions of somatotrophs (pituitary cells) to trigger the release of the growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH). It does this by enhancing cAMP formation, which only further encourages the pituitary cells to release even more HGH from their stores.
What are the Benefits of Using GHRP6?
Some of the intrinsic benefits of using GHRP6 include:
- Boosting your levels of ghrelin – Ghrelin is a natural body hormone that your stomach tends to produce when it is empty. As such, it is the chemical in charge of appetite regulation. However, it has also been found to be beneficial in body fat management as it promotes the loss of fat from muscle tissues. Ghrelin also promotes healing and recovery in damaged tendons.
Some studies posit that there might be a direct link between increased ghrelin levels and the faster repair of tendons.
- GHRP6 does not discriminate between sexes – as you probably know, not many hormonal products can be used by both sexes, without the risk of complicated side effects. GHRP6, however, can be used by both males and females to help them achieve their goals.
- It doesn’t desensitize you – as mentioned earlier; most artificial hormones come with the risk of making your body suppress its natural production of said hormone. GHRP6 doesn’t give your body hormones, instead, it encourages it to produce more.
Additionally, your body can build a tolerance for performance enhancers, thus forcing you to use high doses of the substance to achieve the same effects. This will not only increase your expenses, but you put yourself at a real risk of the deadly side effects that come with using high doses of performance enhancers. GHRP6, however, does not have a desensitizing effect on the body, thus making it a viable long-term solution.
Other benefits include:
- Can help you lose a lot of weight without having to make a lot of changes to your exercise regimen and diet
- Boosts your energy levels thus increasing your stamina and endurance
- Boosts your metabolism to make it faster and healthier
- It enhances not only your sexual desire but also your sexual performance as well
- It promotes the growth of long, lustrous, and heavy hair
- It lessens the effects of aging by promoting a stronger skin hence reducing the appearance of wrinkles and a saggy skin
- It also works as a nootropic to enhance focus and memory
- It makes your immune system stronger and more robust
- It improves your quality of sleep by improving your sleeping patterns.
Also, since GHRP6 use results in your pituitary gland, releasing the growth hormone in pulses, it is a far more effective solution than using exogenous growth hormones. Additionally, it is more effective than undergoing HGH therapy, which can cost up to thousands of dollars every year.
What are the Side Effects of Using GHRP6?
While there aren’t any reported or documented adverse side effects of using this peptide, there are some drawbacks to using GHRP6. They include:
- An increased appetite – this is perhaps the most reported drawback of using GHRP6. It causes an immense increase in appetite. The fact that you can only use this substance while on an empty tummy doesn’t help either.
As such, if you are not disciplined enough, you might end up overeating, thus jeopardizing your efforts.
- It is not the strongest in its group – GHRP6 is one of the members of the Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides. Unfortunately, it is the least potent compound in its family. Nonetheless, its side effects are milder, as well.
- It can cause a drop in your blood sugar levels – using this peptide has been associated with a fall in blood sugar levels, which is often manifested in headaches. This is why GHRP6 users are advised to monitor their blood sugar levels constantly so they can adjust their diets accordingly to circumvent that problem.
- The FDA has not yet clear it – at the moment, GHRP6 is categorized under research drugs. Thus, anyone who buys it must consent to do so for research purposes. This is because the FDA requires any product that is meant for human consumption to go through years of clinical trials. While GHRP6 has no adverse side effects, its lack of FDA clearance doesn’t help dispel doubts.
What is the Appropriate GHRP6 Dosage?
Even though GHRP6 might be the least powerful member of its family, it is still quite potent and, therefore, dosage instructions should be adhered to.
The recommended dosage is about 100 micrograms per dose, which you should take a maximum of three times per day. Using more than that will not have any significant impact, other than wasting the product and your money.
The best way to administer the hormone to your body is through injection. It has also been observed that using GHRP-6 alongside insulin tends to stimulate the best GH response. However, the peptide does not work well in the presence of elevated levels of glucose. This is why you are asked not to consume any dietary fats or carbohydrates before using GHRP6.
As such, the best time to administer GHRP6 is about 2 hours after your last meal and at least 30 minutes before your next. The best GHRP6 administration schedule, therefore, is taking your first dose immediately after waking up, the next after your workout, and the last one right before you sleep.
Using GHRP6 results in the production of HGH, which, in turn, causes the release of the IGF-1 growth factor. IGF-1 is the Holy Grail if you are looking to gain large amounts of muscle in addition to losing fat easily. It also makes your bones stronger and promotes recovery time.
The best thing about GHRP-6 is that it only stimulates your body to produce more of the hormone, instead of relying on external HGH.
If you are looking to use this peptide hormone, however, make sure to verify that your vendor is reputable by checking for reviews online. This way, you’ll be sure to get a legit product.