What are the 3 best Pre Workout Supplements to Buy
Pre-workouts are a great tool in every bodybuilder’s or gym enthusiast’s toolbox. Many swear by their favorite pre-workout as the secret to the success and delight they get in their gym sessions.
Let’s face it: training can be tough, and it is not entirely guaranteed that you will cruise to the finish once you get started. Any number of things can go wrong in your training session, from the effects of burnout to your mood or just your difficulty at concentrating on the task at hand. This is why a perfect and well-chosen pre-workout can make your day and transform your training into a thrilling success.
But which pre-workout should you go for amid the dozens on offer? Likewise, which pre-workouts should you avoid like the plague?
In this article, I am going to give you my best three top picks of pre-workouts that you should try out. But first, let’s get a few basics out of the way.
What to find in an excellent pre-workout
What’s your minimum in a pre-workout? Pre-workouts may feature all sorts of things in their composition, but at the minimum, they should have the following which has clinically proven results:
- Creatine – a great muscle builder, it is noted for its role in ramping up your blood flow so that your whole body, as well as muscles, are sufficiently supplied with nutrients and oxygen to keep up with the demands of your workout. Creatine is your answer if you are looking for grit endurance or stunning explosive energy
- Beta-alanine – who wants lactic acid surging in his muscles? Certainly not bodybuilders and gym enthusiasts who want nothing but near unstoppable performance. Lactic acid is a natural product that is created when you are working out, and its buildup in the muscles produces feelings of fatigue, forcing you to stop to regain strength or simply making you quit. But not to worry because beta-alanine is your friend at mopping out this stuff as quickly as it builds up allowing you to work harder and longer without its annoying distractions
- Citrulline –this substance, along with creatine working in synergy aids the process of vasodilation, the widening of the blood vessels. This significantly increases blood flow and availability of energy nutrients for your hardworking muscles
- Caffeine – this is the noted ingredient that is brilliant in giving you powerful boosts in your mental focus and agility. Few supplements want to be caught without this incredible mental booster which is ideal for making you concentrate at your training
Of course, your pre-workout may feature a lot more than these, but you can be sure you are off to a good start with most, if not all, of this bare minimum.
What to avoid in a pre-workout
You don’t want to touch a pre-workout with the following ingredients
- Illegal or even dangerous substances –this may include such things like amphetamines or steroids. Such substances are blacklisted by the FDA or the WAA or World Anti-Doping Agency because of the safety and health risks they pose.
- Some pre-workout supplements contain bitter orange as ingredients. This contains two compounds that are known to cause high blood pressure, strokes and heart attacks: octopamine and synephrine
- Too much caffeine –caffeine in the right amounts can do wonders to your pre-workout, but too much of it and you can find yourself in trouble.
With all these in mind, lets quickly dive in and take a look at my list of the three best pre-workouts on the market.
#1. 4 Gauge
4 Gauge is aptly named because it features a packing that resembles a shotgun shell. But it packs more than just this breathtaking killer looks. Produced by Roaring Ambition, a company with an awesome standing in the sports supplement industry, 4 Gauge is one of the best pre-workouts you can find for elevating your training goals to extreme heights.
So what are the benefits of 4 Gauge? Here is what’s thrilling about 4 Gauge:
- Smart caffeine – 4 Gauge has a nice feature that makes it stand out from other supplements in its caffeine formulation. It is designed to make you not to suffer from those nasty energy crashes you typically get from using caffeine. Now caffeine is a good thing to have, of course, but those crashes? I am not going there! So 4 Gauge has thrown in a bit of theanine, a black tea extract that can roll back the caffeine extremes, keeping it all neat and properly balanced
- Transparent formula –4 Gauge is upfront about its formulation, revealing its full ingredient list together with their doses.
What else 4 Gauge gives you
- Ideal for cutting because of its low-calorie content
- US and UK buyers enjoy free shipment
#2. Pre Jym
This fabulous pre-workout, which is the product of Dr. Jim Stoppani, has completely captured the bodybuilding and hardsports community, earning it a spot as the top-selling pre-workout supplement in the market.
It is fair to say that it has also raised the standards for transparency through its sweeping policy of revealing everything about its formula to users.
The makers of Pre Jym do not hide their dislike for products that hide behind a propriety formula, thus denying users of information about the true efficacy and adequacy of their ingredients.
They sense a scam behind any such formulas and promise that their company will not follow in these footsteps, now or ever.
Of course, all this is music to the ears of bodybuilders and fitness enthusiast who are tired of lack of transparency or of bogus products with outlandish claims that have no substantiation. But Pre Jym doesn’t stop with this promise of openness but delivers with heavy-hitting ingredients proved to work by many scientific studies.
Here are some of the benefits to get from Pre Jym.
- At the heart of Pre Jym is one ingredient called branched-chain amino acids or BAACS. This is really a two-in-one that Pre Jym is giving you. Most supplements will give you one or the other but never both. BAACS are known to give dramatic elevation in energy and endurance levels which makes Pre Jym an excellent choice
- In the place of creatine monohydrate, which is what you will find in most supplements, Pre Jym swaps it for creatine HCL, which is supposed to be a game-changer in the industry.
- Pre Jym pioneered a new approach in the pre-workout industry of favoring nutrients over mere stimulants which other products loaded on to their offerings. Stimulants give you only temporary lifts, but nutrients give you something more lasting
- The company includes independent third-party testing for all its products and shows its results on its website
- Pre Jym also comes to the rescue of those who cannot tolerate caffeine by providing a caffeine-free version of Pre Jym. The standard Pre Jym comes with a high amount of caffeine.
With a total of 13 carefully blended ingredients all scientifically confirmed to work effectively, Pre Jym works by harnessing all 13 ingredients in a synergistic fashion to give you explosive power.
Of course, one cannot also ignore the compelling credentials of Dr. Jim Stopanni, who is an award-winning authority on fitness and bodybuilding with years of experience mentoring and advising many budding and veteran bodybuilders.
The hallmark of Dr. Jim Stoppanni’s products is that they are firmly based on science.
#3. Cellucor C4 Extreme
I would be spoiling the fun if I didn’t also include Cellulor C4 Extreme among my list of best pre-workouts for you.
This is another of the most recognizable brands in the pre-workout industry. It completes the list of a long collection of pre and post workouts produced by noted company Nutribolt including Cellulor Whey Protein Powder and Cellular SuperHD among others.
Actually Cellulor C4 Extreme comes in eight varieties which are really the same thing but with a different flavor
- Cellular C4 Blue Razz
- Cellular C4 Cherry Limeade
- Cellular C4 Icy Blue Razz
- Cellular C4 Pink Lemonade
- Cellular C4 Fruit Punch
- Cellular C4 Strawberry Margarita
- Cellular C4 Orange Burst
- Cellular C4 Green Apple
All these differences serve to cater to different discriminating palates, of course, they don’t actually add anything to the effectiveness of the supplement!
That said, Cellulor C4 Extreme has some solid science behind it because all the ingredients are backed with clinical testing.
You can rely on Cellulor C4 Extreme to give you outstanding levels of strength, resistance, and endurance.
Cellular C4 also features a special formulation it calls an energy explosive blend that includes the following
- Vitamin c
- Folic acid
- Mucuna pruriens
- Vitamin B12
This blend can give you tremendous output in energy for your performance. It also controls your stress, heightening your mental capacity to concentrate and provide quick healing and recovery from injuries.
All the supplements I have included here are naturally based so you will get little to zero side effects. They are all legal and certified by the FDA for consumption. Therefore they need no prescription, and I also took care to include only products with great customer reviews. All of them provide a full money-back guarantee.