What is Laxogenin
If you have been hunting for supplements for bodybuilding, you probably have scoured among several options like steroids, SARMs, and prohormones. But have you also taken a look at products which contain Laxogenin?
This is an ingredient used in some of the best selling bodybuilding supplement which is raising interest among a rising number in the fitness and health circles.
What is behind the popularity of this substance, and can it benefit you as a fitness enthusiast or bodybuilder? In this article, we help to unravel the answer to these intriguing questions.
This compound has received an extensive study from the Soviets who pioneered research in it. As more research continued on it, more of its secrets were unraveled, revealing it as a substance with unique properties.
It has been billed as the plant version of steroids because it is believed to give incredible benefits that mimic other steroids. What makes it an irresistible option to many athletes and bodybuilders is that despite its steroid-like properties, it brings none of the terrible side effects of synthetic anabolic steroids.
If you are aware of the very potent oral steroid called Oxandrolone (Anavar), you may be surprised to know that Laxogenin shares almost identical anabolic androgenic ratios with it, giving it the same potency. Laxogenin is found in several plants such as the Asian plant Smilax Sieboldii whose underground stems have 0.06% of it. It is also found in a Chinese onion bulb called Allium Chinese. Even your mustard contains high amounts of it as doing so many leaves and seeds which have minute amounts.
The principal source of Laxogenin is Smilax Siebolddii which mostly thrives on sea level Chinese and Japanese regions that harbor forests and grassy slopes. It belongs to the same family as asparagus. This form of Laxogenin is found in very few places in the world, so these Japanise and Chinese sources are highly prized.
Laxogenin has a synthetic derivative called 5a-hydroxy laxogenin (also called laxosterone) which many supplements are based on. Such supplements are misleadingly termed as natural when in reality they have this synthetic version of laxogenin.
Laxogenin is frequently confused for a prohormone which it is not. Prohormones are substances that trigger the same effect as testosterone in your body. This prompts the body to curtail its production of testosterone hormone in response to what it perceives to be an excess in testosterone.
Laxogenin, however, differs from this because it affects hormone levels, thus triggering no such response from the body. You will not suffer the testosterone shut down one typically experience post cycle, thus requiring post cycle therapy.
What are the benefits of Laxogenin? The benefits of Laxogenin include the following
- Has great muscle-building properties. This can be quite massive and mind-blowing. Studies have attributed this to the increase in protein synthesis by a whopping 200%. These impressive changes which take place in your muscles can give you a 4 to the 8-pound spurt in muscle mass gain in just five weeks. These gains, however, must be supported by a healthy diet and consistent workout along with the right amount of sleep
- An excellent alternative to prohormones – Most bodybuilding options tend to affect your hormone levels hence triggering many undesirable effects. These include SARMs, prohormones, testosterone boosters, and estrogen inhibitors. Laxogenin counts among the rare options you can use that won’t cause these effects.
- A great complement to protein supplements.
- Rapid action – Laxogenic doesn’t waste your time as it goes to work in your body. It is quite handy for impatient bodybuilders who want to get impressive results fast
- Excellent for PCT (post cycle therapy) – Laxogenin makes an excellent choice for use after a cycle of prohormone.
- It also has adaptogenic effects. These are processes that reduce cellular stress,
Laxogenin: steroid or not?
Laxogenic is referred to as a plant steroid but how genuinely can it be considered a steroid? Debate rages on about this. It does do what animal or non-plant steroids do, which is to support growth in plants, the property that identifies it as anabolic. It is also grouped among what is called the brassinosteroid group, which again identifies it as asteroid.
The debate aside, it is clear that Laxogenin is a steroid albeit naturally occurring. It, however, acts quite differently from your usual steroid because it gives you the desired anabolic effects and yet leaves your hormones intact.
What are the side effects of Laxogenin? The side effects of Laxogenin are very minimal due to its completely natural origin.
Users will only typically experience one side effect, which is headaches. Moreover, the headache only occurs with high doses which exceed 150 mg and so it is easily avoided by lowering your intake below this.
Sometimes side effects like diarrhea, frequent urination, or harm to the kidneys can arise from using supplements that are based on Smilax plants but which have no Laxogenic. These are Smilax species that are different from the one that Laxogenin is derived from.
Laxogenin contains saponins, which are steroidal substances. This makes it belong to the group called brassinosteroids.
There is no official dosage for Laxogenin, even though clinical trials have employed an amount of 100 mg in studies. To find out your ideal individual dosage level, start with a daily low dose of 75 mg, and check out your experience with it. You can then gradually increase your dose up to a maximum of 150 mg.
You can have 3 to 5 doses per day for a daily amount of 75 mg to 150 mg. It is recommended that you will get maximum absorption if you take Laxogenin with some food.
After discovering your ideal dosage, you can embark on using it for 8 weeks before breaking off to avoid tolerance. Some people extend beyond 8 weeks although I recommend you stick to 8 weeks. You can resume using it in cycles of 8 weeks. The 8 week period should give you a real headstart in building great muscle mass at an incredibly quick pace. The off-cycle period can be for 4 weeks.
For even more impressive outcomes, you can stack Laxogenic with other compounds quite safely and effectively. These include epicatechin
Price and availability
Laxogeenin typically comes in capsules, but it can also be in the form of liquid emulsions and topical creams. 1 serving usually has 25 gm to 100 mg of 5a-hydroxy laxogenin. 1 serving can be considered to be any of the following
- 1 capsule
- 5 mL liquid emulsion
- 2 mL cream
What products contain Laxogenin?
Laxogenin is included as an ingredient in many bodybuilding supplements, including some very popular ones. For some of these, Laxogenin features as the main ingredient to support bodybuilding.
- Blackstone Labs Anogenin – at 25 mg of Laxogenin with each serving of this supplement, one can realize massive gains in protein synthesis, which leads to muscle mass gains. Users have also experienced significant boosts in physical strength and less occurrence in muscle injury after their workouts. What’s great about this product is that it is ideal for both genders since it does not affect the hormones.
- Olympus Labs Massacr3 – this supplement is considered by many to have the highest dosing of Laxogenin. This reputedly comes at 300 mg with each serving. However, this is not entirely accurate as the 300 mg consists of other ingredients such as soy phosphatidylcholine. Nonetheless, Laxogenin composes 90% of this which still makes this supplement a highly dosed one on Laxogenin. Massacr3 is a supplement with good clinical support for its efficacy for muscle recovery and endurance. It also helps to increase fiber size in muscle, vascularity, and differentiation.
- Is 100% natural-based as it is wholly derived from plants
- Helps to gain lean muscle
- Can be used by both genders since it does not interfere with any hormones
- Can be used for lengthy periods without adverse effects
- A better alternative than prohormones and steroids
- Faster recovery
- Optimizes the level of your blood as well as cutbacks in the stress-inducing cortisol hormone levels. It also ensures that your cholesterol condition is healthy, promoting good cholesterol and limiting bad cholesterol
- Suitable for fat loss, so it’s ideal for use in cutting supplements
- It has pain killer properties which makes it suitable as an anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Shows some side effects when used in high doses
Laxogenin is a widely popular ingredient that many bodybuilding supplements have incorporated in their formula. It delivers various benefits which include muscle mass increase, fat loss, and vastly improved physical prowess and performance. It is a plant-based steroid yet in some critical ways its not anything like synthetic anabolic steroids which are known for their harmful side effects.
Its real attraction is that it doesn’t interfere with your endocrinal system, which leaves your hormones unchanged. Laxogenin is your perfect option if you are a bodybuilder who wants rapid results with no harm to your body.